Thursday, April 4, 2013

So this is the new year...

" 'Listen,' I said. 'I don't know from writing book. 
I have all this stuff in my head that I want to get down, 
but what do I write about first? Where do I begin?'"
-"Under the Hood" from Alan Moore's Watchmen

Today I realized I haven't updated this blog in over a year. That might be a sign I shouldn't attempt to keep a blog again. The difference between a year ago and now is quite significant though. A year ago, I had school and two jobs. A year ago, I was busy reading and writing for at least four courses a quarter. Now, I only have one job and no classes. Now, I'm worried that I will lose my love and drive to keep writing. Hopefully keeping a blog will help me do that.

Will anyone read this blog? Probably not. I am not a self-promoter. I have too many self confidence issues about my writing that I've only started to overcome during the past year. I actually let people other than my classmates read my short fiction stories. Baby steps?

I might start maintaining this blog again, but I'm also thinking I might get a new blog. We will see.

This blog/a new blog will be my rants/raves/reviews of television shows, movies, and books. I have started to write reviews of books I am reading in my journal but I'm hoping to improve my grammar skills by writing on this website. In my journal I don't think about if my journal makes sense to anyone but myself, and sometimes it still doesn't.

Here's to hoping my writing career didn't end with my graduation.

Just finished reading: The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick 
Currently reading: Watchmen and Philosophy: A Rorschach Test edited by Mark D. White
and Watchmen by Alan Moore

3 comments:

  1. Hiii :)
    There someone read it after all ;D
    Aha I'm new here! How do I follow blogs?
    Love yours<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for reading! I actually started a new blog: http://loudemily.blogspot.com/

    To follow go to your reading list and hit "add".
    I'll check out your blog too!

    ReplyDelete